1. What’s your name?
*points to blog heading*
2. Any nicknames or aliases?
The whole point of my name, according to my parents, is to not be given any nicknames. Successful strategy apparently?
3. Where do you live?
The cold part of Sweden.
4. Your star sign?
Libra. I feel more like a Virgo tho.
5. How old are you?
36! What? It’s a good age to be. I’m 100% sure 40s is going to be better still.
6. Your relationship status?
Unattatched. Unapproachable. I’m just a really hostile person.
7. Any children?
God no, I can barely take care of myself.
8. Any pets?
Can I count my parent’s kitties? They practically mine? Or the other way around… Counts? Yes? No?
9. Any tattoos or piercings?
I’ve got some extra holes in my ears, but that would be another thing that doesn’t really count.
10. What do you like about yourself?
I’m super independent, an excellent planner and kind to animals.
11. What do you dislike about yourself?
I lack any type goals and I’m sometimes prone to extreme indecisiveness (and that’s how you end up with every piece of clothing in at least three different colors…).
12. Righty or lefty?
Is this an interesting question? Really? More interesting: my hand writing is sometimes illegible to myself. Although also not quite in the realm of interesting. I’m quite good at crocheting rugs. Getting there?
13. The last thing you drank?
Water. Oddly enough. It’s usually a cup of herbal this time of day.
14. The last thing you ate?
A piece of baked banana oatmeal I’m pretending is a bread.
15. Your last phone call?
I talked to mom this morning. The cat isn’t well. Still waiting to hear back.
16. Your last text message?
It reads: OK! Exciting stuff!?!
17. Your last email?
Er. It also reads OK! Someone was giving me a status update on a text I’m supposed to review. Should have been “on my desk” last week. I for one am starting to worry about deadline, apparently no the writer though. SIGH.
18. The last song you listened to?
I’m listening to Lost Forever // Lost Together by Architects, currently on track 10. It’s an Architects kind of day.
19. The last book you read?
I’m sneaking peeks at Bright-Sided as we speak. Last book I finished, however, was Har du PMS, eller? [English: Are you PMS-ing?]
20. The last time you cried?
One Day still makes me cry every. single. time. Not for the obvious reasons. But because Emma deserved better. Aaand it’s first day of my period and I nearly cried before even picking up when mom called. It was 8 in the morning. She would not call at 8 in the morning unless something’s wrong.
21. The last blog you read?
Curiouser and curiouser.
22. The last person you spoke to?
I called some guy doing a job in my apartment on Thursday.
23. The last place you visited?
My parent’s house.
24. Your last holiday abroad?
Brighton in November last year.
25. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
26. Have you ever been cheated on?
Yes. I’m kinda thinking most of us have been sooo..not a very interesting question?
27. Have you ever cheated on someone?
No. Though not out of the kindness of my heart (a.k.a. ethical reasons), I just lack interest in people in general. I will be the first one to admit that this is a flaw and quite inconvenient.
28. Have you ever lost someone special to you?
What do you mean by special? Every cat we’ve ever lost I would say is special to me, but I’m thinking that’s not. Something I should. Let anyone know?
29. Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?
Mm yes. My initial relationship with alcohol wasn’t great. Took me a while to catch on to what was an appropriate amount of alcohol for me. I think I’ve mastered it now. Maybe. Why I don’t just not drink? I’m a much nicer person when I drink. Also, wine is tasty.
30. Have you ever fallen out of love with someone?
I am not entirely sure I have fallen in love with someone so I’m going with no.
31. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
In a profound way? Not that I can remember?
32. Have you ever been in a situation where you found out who your real friends are?
What is this real friends business? Must be something for people understands this whole social Spiel?
33. Have you ever kissed someone you probably shouldn’t have?
I wouldn’t say probably I would say maybe. Oh, OK! I know I shouldn’t have, but in the big picture, it made literally no difference. And anyway, if presented with the opportunity to kiss someone from the Farao Islands you probably should, if for no other reason than it’s a pretty rare opportunity.
34. Have you ever found out people were talking about you behind your back?
Yes. It was quite unnecessary really because I agreed with them completely. Morons.
35. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
36. Have you ever kissed a stranger?
There are a lot of people who are practically strangers.
37. Have you ever had your own heart broken?
Given previous answers, this question clearly makes no sense.
38. Have you ever had sex on the first date?
I’m from Sweden. We don’t date.
39. Have you ever been arrested?
Nope. No. Should that be on my bucket list?
40. Have you ever been attracted to someone that isn’t the gender you usually find attractive?
Sure. Gender has nothing to do with how attractive a person is. The world-view expressed in this question seems a bit dated though..?
41. Have you ever done something you regret?
Oh yes. Plenty. I Still do things I regret. For example, why didn’t I just get an OLD apartment, so that I could have moved in already??? Or a rental? I am so over the commuting it makes me want to die.
42. Have you ever won some money?
You must be confusing me with someone else. I don’t win anything, ever.
43. Have you ever lied to get out of a night out to stay in and watch TV?
I don’t know why I’d lie about it? Also, I don’t watch TV.
44. Have you ever pulled a sickie when you weren’t sick?
At school yes, at work no. We can’t just call in sick where I work, there’s this whole difficult way of reporting and blahblah; I’d just rather go to work even if I’m not feeling great, it’s that difficult.
45. Have you ever binge-watched a series?
Silly question, of course. Is there any other way?
46. Do you believe in yourself?
What do you mean? Do I believe I’m a capable person? Sometimes. Pre-ovulation invincibility.
47. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
…I’m 36 and have no sense of humor..?
48. Do you believe in ghosts?
I want to? It’d be neat.
49. Do you believe in aliens?
It seems stupid to think we’re the only ones.
50. Do you believe in miracles?
51. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
1000% no. Not just because I’m a bitter old hag, but experience has taught me that in my world, a negative approach is far faaar better.
52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Sure why not.
53. Can money make you happy?
Money can make you less miserable.
54. Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
You must be new here. If I had an about page it’d read FEMINIST. But as that is quite clear an about-page seems kinda redundant.
55. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
You mean do I think women should have the right to decide over their own bodies just like men? What do you think?
56. Do you have strong political beliefs?
If I said no would you believe me?
57. Do you have strong religious beliefs?
Does atheism count?
58. What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
A sound ethical ground. Because this society needs it. Also critical thinking.
59. Are you eating anything right now?
Piece of gum. Not as much eating as chewing maybe.
60. Are you drinking anything right now?
Nope. My cup is empty.
61. What are you listening to right now?
ARCHITECTS. We’re now through Lost Forever // Lost Together and back to listening to Cracks in the Earth for the 56th time today. First day of menstruation is great.
62. What are you thinking about right now?
How in the world am I supposed to get through a workout?
63. What are you waiting for right now?
..going to said workout.
64. What are you most excited about right now?
Currently lacking in the excitement department.
65. What’s your pet hate right now?
People. Who talk. Right outside my door. ARE THERE REALLY NO OTHER PLACES FOR YOU TO TALK??
66. What’s your favourite thing right now?
Cracks. In. The. Earth.
67. If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Crushing some presumptive student’s hopes and dreams.
68. Your first best friend?
My first best friend was a crappy best friend. But then, if I didn’t deserve it then I probably do now so it all works out.
69. Your first kiss?
Ah yes, that would have been one of them times I was so drunk I threw up. Let’s not go there.
70. Your first celebrity crush?
I want to say someone in Guns N’ Roses..? Or I don’t actually want to say that. Can I lie? It’s basically OK if it was Izzy Stradlin right? Can’t we talk about my most recent celebrity crush instead?! ..or no wait. I also don’t want that. Let’s leave it at Izzy and move on.
71. Your first holiday?
Can’t say. My parents are big fans of travelling around Sweden in the summers, always have been. Somewhere else in Sweden. I used to hate it so much.
72. Your first pet?
Finally! A cat called Fia, was with us for 18 years, survived getting her leg all but cut off by a harvesting machine. I still miss her. I sometimes look for similar cats for adoption. So far not finding any. Which is just as well because what am I even thinking? That it would be the same cat?
73. Your first regret?
Yes. Because people keep numbered lists of regrets?
74. Your first job?
It was more of a “job”. Kindergarten. I have no business being at a kindergarten. I was 15 (I guess?) and it was just a few weeks in the summer.
75. Your first childhood memory?
Well you just gave me my get out of jail free card right there; cannot remember what would be the first childhood memory. I’ll give you a fairly early one: I managed to shut a door on my little brother’s finger, the tip came right off. Go me.
76. Love or money?
Let’s be realistic. You can’t live off of love.
77. Twitter or Facebook?
I’m one of them people who do not and never have used Facebook. Oddly not out of principle, it’s just that it’s so damned ugly. And I’ve heard nothing about it that makes me curious to disregard its awful design.
I do have Twitter. But that’s mostly because it’s a convenient way to follow others.
78. Hook up or relationship?
How about neither?!
79. Dogs or cats?
I think we’ve established I’m a cat person.
80. Coffee or tea?
81. Beer or wine?
Sauvignon blanc. Or my new fave: Inycon Chardonnay.
82. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet. I’d rather have dessert for dinner than no dessert.
83. Introvert or extrovert?
If I said extrovert, would you believe me?
84. Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires. I’ve taken a class on vampire lit, so you know, ja.
85. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside. Who does not want to be right by the sea??
86. Summer or winter?
FALL. If forced: definitely not winter.
87. Books or movies?
Books. I’ve realized I’m really no that interested in movies. This is a weird realization. What kind of a person does not like movies?
88. Horror or comedy?
Comedy. I used to quite like horror when I was younger. I’m not sure what happened.
89. Do you wish you could change your past?
I don’t actively wish for it, but I also wouldn’t mind. Specifically: if I could have discovered Architects a few years earlier, that would have been great. Round about this time:
Alpha Omega live; fehlst mir. Just saying.
90. What’s your dream job?
Editor. Not the kind of editing I do now though, books would be nice.
91. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Apparently, Dead by April.
92. What are you afraid of?
So many things. Walking alone in the dark. Losing things. Being unprepared. Increased interest resulting in the bank telling me I can’t get the mortgage I need to for my new apartment, so that I won’t be able to move after all, driving in thick mist, on icy roads, in the dark, that people will try to talk to me, that my hair is going to fall out, that my teeth are going to fall out, that I forgot to lock the door, any door—let’s just say I am one anxious person.
93. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
This is where that lack of goal thing comes in. I can’t recall actually having wanted be working as anything at all growing up. Who dreams about working, honestly?
94. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
You know the dad in Stephen King’s Firestarter? I’d want that super power. Without the pesky side-effects. I.e. I want to make people believe anything I say. Although I also wouldn’t mind being able to start fires out of thin air. You’d never be cold.
95. If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
96. Would you want immortality?
Really depends, doesn’t it? Would I continue aging? I.e. am going to spend a hell of a long time being blind? Weak? Shuffling around? See people fuck up our world? If yes then no thanks, I’m good. And anyway. Immortality would be better spent on other people. Such as Naomi Klein. Gudrun Schyman. Or. Could we bring Simone back from the dead?
97. What TV show are you into right now?
I’ve been bingeing Ack Värmland this weekend. Had to defend this choice when talking to my sister. It’s absurd and I like it, OK?
98. Would you say you are happy?
Oh honey no, I am one miserable, miserable person.
99. What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
GO VEGAN + READ MORE FEMINIST BOOKS + EMBRACE YOUR LACK OF SOCIAL SKILL. (I’d probably beat myself over the head with The Second Sex too.) Shh! That’s one piece.
100. What’s your favourite outfit?
Any outfit that allows lots of movement and keeps me warm and comfortable, that’s a winner. I.e. leggings + hoodie of good length. Black is a good color.