This Tuesday, The Broke and the Bookish’s Top ten Tuesday is an excuse to dream some. Shouldn’t be passed up, right?
The topic of the week is Ten characters I’d name a child/dog/cat/car/etc. after.
I’m obviously going with cats.
- Medea. Actually, I was going to name a cat Medea. Unfortunately, it drowned before I got it; so I got a different cat, and named him…
- Morpheus. After Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. It’s an excellent name if you want your cat to be called just about anything other than what he’s named.
- Verdandi. I’ve always wanted a trio of cats, Persians, and name them after the Norse Fates.
- Akasha. After Anne Rice’s Queen of the Damned.
- Snotra. From Johanne Hildebrandt’s Freja. Because it’s a brilliant name. Snotra.
- Castor. From The Hunger Games. Unless you want to argue Greek mythology, in which case, you wouldn’t exactly be wrong.
- Circe. It does count as a character if it’s from mythology, right?
- …surely there is no need for yet another example of a barely pronounceable name originating from ancient mythology?