Time for part 2 of the October blog challenge! You’ll find part 1 here.
EIGHT. Top 5 movies
I’m not big on movies, but these are some of the movies I’ve watched repeatedly:
- Pride & Prejudice. Yes the Keira Knightley version. LOVE it.
- 10 Things I hate about you. Requires no further explanation.
- One Day. Because I love an unhappy ending. Bonus points for Edinburgh.
- Catching Fire. It just speaks to me more than any of the other parts of the story. Could be because of Jenna and her ax. Or just Jenna, ax or no ax.
- Becoming Jane. Because Austen?
NINE. 5 things you’ve learned this year
- To not wash my hair. Every. Single. Day.
- To not straighten my hair. Every. Single. Day.
- There are other places in the UK you could well visit. Even if nothing is quite like Glasgow.
- Intuitive can and should be added to; sleep, food, workout, reading.
- I’ve wasted YEARS not using colored eyeshadow. I ♥ colored eyeshadow.
Let’s also throw a What I wish I would learn already in there: WHEN eyes are just weeping, weeping, weeping, as they sometimes do, don’t even try to put eye makeup on. Just let it go. And remember to stare less at screens. JFC.
TEN. Makeup of the day
Or at least makeup of a day.
You know how I love my oranges. This is, as of Friday, officially my go-to look; mix some of the orange shades I have in my possession, no eyeliner, H&M Maximalist mascara, the rest sort of varies, but this day I went with brows (pomade + shadow) and the IsaDora lip pen in Bohemian, and NYX taupe blush.
Most of the week was just a struggle on account of too much language reviewing making my eyes just weep off whatever I put on. FUN.
ELEVEN. Weekend highlights
On a Tuesday…? You know what, I’m going to save this one for next weekend when I’m actually doing something, other than what I usually do. Don’t get me wrong, I love my weekends, but there aren’t exactly anything going on that could be described as highlights.
TWELVE. Top 5 beauty products
I’m going to focus on makeup, because…well I love makeup don’t I?
- H&M mono eyeshadows. Dirt cheap, excellent color range, and pigmentation is ace, what more can you ask for?
- H&M mascara. New fave is the Maximalist mascara. Gives you a messy look and it works for people with sensitive eyes.
- Sleek highlighter quad Solstice. I love my Makeup Revolution highlighters, but this, well it’s just better still, innit?
- NYX Liquid Suede in Cherry Skies. Which always leads me to think of And the sky was cherry black. Anyone else? No?
- Makeup Store black/brown mono shadow I’ve had much, much longer than you should keep makeup. It’s brilliant as eyeliner sub tho. Sure it’ll last me a lifetime.
THIRTEEN. Places you want to travel
I’ll stretch as far as places that present no difficulty traveling to and where bands play that I want to see. But mostly, I just want to go to Glasgow. Oh I’ll explain this to you. Eventually. And when I do, I’m sure you’ll agree that there’s really no point in going anywhere else ever. Promise.
FOURTEEN. Tips for a new blogger
Oh who am I and what do I know really? But I guess the following are a few tips:
- Try to write as if you’re writing to someone. If you can have a specific someone in mind, all the better. (Keep having to remind myself of this.)
- Don’t change the standard layout too much unless you’re really good at web design. You’ll just end up with a mess of a layout, all cluttered and not reader-friendly. You don’t need that.
- Don’t center the text of your posts. We don’t do that because it decreases readability.
- Purely selfish tip: don’t focus on one thing only. (I prefer blogs with a mixed content.)
- Write/blog because you think the act in itself is FUN, not because you feel you owe it to someone (your readers, z.B.). If you’re struggling to find the time it means you’ve got other priorities and that’s OK too.
- Don’t update as often as I do. It’s fun for no one (except yourself).