On a daily basis, I bring the following to work:
- 1 hand mirror; learned the use of these as late as back in May when I was caught out in lots of rain. Verdammt! Won’t catch me leaving the house without a mirror no more.
- 1 kabuki brush + a NYX finishing powder. I had a Real Techniques travel brush and a BareMinerals loose powder that basically lived in my handbag, but they’ve gone missing. These will do for now.
- The darkest brown Makeup Store eye shadow + travel size Real Techniques brush. Instead of eyeliner under bottom lashes, to touch up.
- 2 eyeliners, 1 Lumene (wing) + 1 Soap & Glory Supercat (lid). The idea is that because I go to work so early in the morning, cat eye is applied at work. So far that has not happened. But you know, just in case I’m ever in the mood/severely bored.
- 1 purple eyeliner; for touch ups on days I wear purple eye shadow.
- 1 Sleek eyebrow pen; just in case brows start to slip. ..it could happen..?
- 3 hair clips. To get hair out of face if I’ve made some sort of misjudgment. V.v. important.
- A couple of painkillers; never know when you might need them. I’ve got a pair in all sorts of places.
- Most importantly: 1 lip primer and whatever lipstick I’m wearing that day. This day I was wearing my fave NYX matte in Minx.
What products are your absolute essentials?